Halloween was really 2.5 months ago? Time flies. Considering we had 3 holidays, 3 birthdays, a baptism, endless school functions, work functions, church functions and I could go on... I shouldn't beat myself up for not blogging. My other excuse- I volunteered to play the piano for the school choir (what was I thinking!) So pretty much every night up until the concert I sat at the piano. So what do I remember from Halloween?? Kate wanting to put up decorations October 1st which we did and then finding fake spider webs trailing behind me everywhere I went. Taking the kids to Unique (our favorite thrift store) for costumes. Carving pumpkins. Making Gram's gigantic pumpkin cookies and then eating way too many! Going to the school carnival. Trick or Treating in Olde Towne Arvada. Eating yummy chili at the ward Trunk or Treat. And finally Sunday night eating dinner by candlelight with Harry Potter in the background.
I think this was their scary pumpkin pose or something like that


I always know to go looking when they've been too quiet for too long. This time I found them on the front porch with Chris' screwdrivers "carving" the remaining pumpkins.


Trick or Treating at the businesses in Old Town Arvada. This was the one I wanted a treat at- their pastries looked oh so tempting!

Thank goodness it was an unusually warm night.

Henry in the Lions Den (our trunk for Trunk or Treat)
The kids were a little wary that Halloween fell on a Sunday this year but they had fun in Old Town Friday night, Saturday at the ward Trick of Treat (which equals a lot of candy when you're in a ward with a lot of grandparents and not a lot of kids!) and then handing out candy to our few trick or treaters on Sunday.


I always know to go looking when they've been too quiet for too long. This time I found them on the front porch with Chris' screwdrivers "carving" the remaining pumpkins.


Trick or Treating at the businesses in Old Town Arvada. This was the one I wanted a treat at- their pastries looked oh so tempting!

Thank goodness it was an unusually warm night.

Henry in the Lions Den (our trunk for Trunk or Treat)
The kids were a little wary that Halloween fell on a Sunday this year but they had fun in Old Town Friday night, Saturday at the ward Trick of Treat (which equals a lot of candy when you're in a ward with a lot of grandparents and not a lot of kids!) and then handing out candy to our few trick or treaters on Sunday.






No comments:
Post a Comment