So I felt bad after our last post because I didn't really get a picture of James in there. Usually that's because it's really hard to get him to sit still for a picture. Well, this time he was proud to sit still... and show off his stitches! Our first emergency room visit and as my mother-in-law Vicki says I am now an official Phipps mom. I knew it had to happen sooner or later.
How it happened- we were playing at the park (a daily occurrence) and James slipped on the stairs. Well he must have hit pretty hard because he had a huge gash over his eye. I'd never dealt with stitches but had a feeling this was a bad one. I called the doctor's office but they said they don't deal with stitches around the eyes so we were off to the emergency room. Luckily there were friends at the park who were so helpful and took Kate and Sam home. After 3 hrs James came home with 14 stitches!
Thursday, March 13, 2008
14 stitches
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
14!!!! he has such beautiful eyes. Welcome to boys. =)
Sorry about James, but I have to say that I love that picture. You take goregeous shots. Keep up the good work.
Peace
~Erik
I agree you take awesome pictures. Harley was very upset that you guys didn't call her. How could you go get stitches and not call Harley? Just kidding. Poor James.
Dear Stace,
So sorry to hear about the trauma, but it was nice to get a close up of James (beautiful eyes). The kids enjoyed seeing the picture and hearing about your adventure.
Yes! I remember that day when he bit you. What I remember more was the screach you let out! OUCH! I remember when my brother, Kyle, bit Mandi. She still has a scar. :)
Such a cute picture of James, Stace. Well, you did it--1st stitches. Congratulations. Are YOU okay?? :)
He looks so much like Chris but has your eyes too! He sounds like a little Chris if he won't sit still!
Stitches, broken limbs...all will induct you into "official" motherhood, and you are so lucky it took this long! He looks like a trooper!
I wish we were going to make it to utah sometime, but I think we're done travelling out west until school is done-funds are all dried up...we're just too poor! I miss you guys, though. Wish finances were different :( but then again, don't we all??!!! :)
Stace - you take such great pictures! Come put your lens to work in Puerto Rico - we've got a modest guesthouse all set up and ready to go. Leave the kids with us to play in the pool and you and Phippster can go explore. Let your friends and the other side of the family now that we don't want the guesthouse to sit empty. We would love the company. http://braceforcrazy.blogspot.com/
Poor James, this picture will be one for the wedding slide show in the way future! Jeff (my bro) got stitches there when he was about that age. Must be something with that bone there, hmmmm. So glad to hear that you survived. Oh, and it turns out I do have gall stones. I need to call you to hear about yours.
Post a Comment