Saturday, June 28, 2008

Good 'ol Provo





As much as we say we're ready to try somewhere new, Provo sure does have its advantages. It's nice to be in a place that people come back t0- we've had a lot of fun visiting with friends who've come back for weddings, baby blessings and reunions. We love being close to BYU. And best of all we're just a block away from all of the fun 4th of July Festivities. This morning we packed the kids into the wheelbarrow and strolled down center street, throwing candy to the on-lookers and listening to the High School marching band. It's such a simple thing but its tradition and the kids love it. If we ever do leave Provo these are the things that I will miss.





9 comments:

Katrina said...

They must have had so much fun! You guys are great parents!

Lacey said...

I want to go down there so bad for the festivities...I seriously miss the 4th there!! I also want our delicious BBQ meal that we had oh so long ago!! Such good times!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Can't wait to see you guys in July!

Kari said...

HAAAHAAAA. The wheelbarrow is hilarious!! I LOVE IT!

The Three Musketeers and their Mommy said...

It's true, you are at a great location for all of that. It looks like you had a great time. That's a cute picture of your kids in the wheelbarrow!

The Three Musketeers and their Mommy said...

All of the pictures are darling!

Sheila said...

I just got all caught up with your last few posts. I LOVE traditions, and love seeing that you guys have fun ones, Provo has lots of perks like that for sure! I love the wheel barrow...brought me back to my childhood!

Good job on the orchard pics, keep it up, you're really good.

Sheila said...

Oh yeah, and I'll be seeing you in August for Jeff's wedding!! They still haven't gotten their announcements out, but my mom has all the info. It's Aug 8, 1008, so put it on your calendar!!

Alaska Massey said...

Beautiful family! We had so much fun seeing you this summer. It looks like you had a fun 4th. I love parades with the kids. They just get so excited. Take care!