Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It's about time!

I can just picture Chris saying that as he looks at this. I've tried passing off the blogging duties to him but alas I am the one with more time on my hands. So here goes our "Summer at a Glance".



My favorite pictures of the kids this summer were from my Mom. Apparently they had a grand time with Grandma Suzie and Gram while we were in Fiji.
"When the cats away the mice will play!"


I didn't really say much about Fiji but looking back on the pictures it truly was a "dream" vacation. Just a few of the fun things we did and fun memories; white sand beaches, morning swims, getting lost on the local bus but ending up being a fun adventure, snorkeling, fish feeding, glass bottom boat, spy boards, coconuts galore, papaya, oh my! Ausie, Ausie, oi, oi, oi! (there were so many Australians!) Fire walkers, bamboo boats, waterfalls, gorgeous sunsets and sunrises (the benefits of being on an island!) seeing the missionaries, endless amounts of yummy food, rugby with the locals, long walks on the beach... I could go on but I will spare you the details- needless to say it was pretty amazing. Thank you, Thank you Grandmas for making it possible!


We managed to fit one family camping trip in- it was lots of dirty fun!

ALBUQUERQUE
Between Rich, my Dad and me we probably took over 300 pictures while we were down in Albuquerque- I will try and share just my favorites.

Grandma Suzie has been collecting bikes for when the grandkids come (much to Papa Dennis' chagrin) However, none that have training wheels. One might think this would present a problem with kids who haven't learned to ride without training wheels. But quite literally both Kate and James just "picked it up" I almost shed a tear, I was so proud of them!

Holly's family has a cabin up in the mountains so we spent a few days up there. The kids loved it! The zip line was the favorite. This is one of my favorite pictures of Kate- courtesy of Rich.

Despite not being happy about sitting for a few pictures- Kate, James and Sam were in HEAVEN playing with cousins all day, everyday.

Cute, pregnant Steph and her husband Tyler

Our newest and only boy cousin Robbie (Creighton Jr.)

Jump!

We had a great time and didn't want to come home. We missed having Scott and Amy and girls- we felt incomplete without them. It was a lot of fun seeing our first baby boy cousin, Robbie and seeing a pregnant Steph. We'll miss Rich and Holly and girls but hope they have a fun time in Argentina! Thank you Mom & Dad for putting up with all the craziness!

Ogden Valley Balloon Festival



Chris's parents live up in Ogden Valley and always have fun things to do- every year they have a balloon festival. The balloons all launch from a big field early in the morning and then we head back to Chris's parents where we can watch the balloons and have breakfast.

Going,


Going...

GONE!
Kate lost her first tooth while we were up in Liberty and 2 days later lost her second.


And Finally...





Summer just wouldn't be the same without a baseball game and some
ice cream in a baseball cap.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Wow Stace, I love love loved these pictures and your re-cap of the summer. There are few blogs that I get really excited about when they are updated...yours is one that I do though, so thanks! My favorite had to be Steph, mostly cause I just miss her so much and have NO IDEA what she is doing and WISH that I could get in touch with her (wink wink). She's the cutest preggo girl. Your kids are so cute, I loved the comparison between Kate's first day of school and as a baby. Time FLYS!!

Lacey said...

What a fun summer for you guys. Loved to see them all. The kids are adorable. I can't believe Kate has lost her teeth already! Eew!! I just dread Ryan losing hers. I'm still so jealous of your trip to Fiji! So lucky! Sounds like a place you guys would go.....so Survivorish! Love you guys!