So this might sound like a life history but no its really just our month history :)
It's been a crazy month but all is well that ends well.
So back in June just a few days after Chris got back from the MBA trip he headed to Denver for an interview with the Denver Boy Scouts (For those of you who didn't know, me being one of them, each state has one or more Boy Scout councils which employ 30+ people to keep the Scout program running) He accepted the job and I flew out the next day. We spent 2 full days with a real estate agent. We saw LOTS of houses, most of which were built in the 60s/70s and would need a bit of work. The last day with just a few hours before our flight we found the "one." It was also built in the 70s but had a new kitchen, bathroom, floors and paint. It was in a nice neighborhood, close to a park and backed up to the bike trail. We decided to make an offer right then. Our realtor called and found out that 2 offers had already been made! They hadn't been presented yet so we quickly made our offer and hopped on the plane. We got a call from our realtor saying they had verbally accepted our offer and we would need to fedex earnest money and forms the next day. We were relieved and excited and started talking about plans for the house. The next day the realtor called back and said the sellers decided to accept a different offer since our house in Provo hadn't sold yet (it was under contract) We were bummed (to say the least). Chris started work in 2 weeks and we didn't have a house. We just decided to pray hard and wait until Chris got to Denver to try and find another one.
We started packing up and the day before Chris went back out our Realtor called again and the other offer on the house we wanted fell through- It was ours again! We were relieved but still hesitant in case things didn't go through. Chris started work the 1st of July and the kids and I stayed in Provo to finish up the packing and to get our house sold. With a TON of help from friends and family we packed the Penske on the 18th and headed to Denver. We were still waiting for our Provo house to close but a really nice couple in the ward here offered to let us stay with them for a few days (I don't think they realized what they were getting into) Finally on Wed. July 22nd our Provo house closed and on Thurs. the 23rd we were able to close on this house. We moved in that night (with the help of the Elders quorum we unloaded that truck in 1 hr!) We spent the week unpacking and organizing. Steph and Tyler came for the weekend and helped a ton! Wednesday night I started to feel some real contractions. Thursday morning July 30th Chris left for work. I called later and told him I thought this baby was coming. We called a family in the ward who had offered to watch the kids (I don't know how we would have done this without the church!) We got to the hospital at about 4pm and we had Henry Taylor @ 6:09pm! My mom hopped in her car about the time we got to the hospital and drove up from Albuquerque. She has been a lifesaver and we're so lucky that she was able to come right away. Henry is a healthy and so far easy baby.
So looking back we realize how incredibly blessed we've been the past month. It's amazing to us that it so many ways things could have happened to complicate matters but we were able to sell a house, move, buy a house, Chris graduated with his MBA, he started a new job, and we had a new baby all in a month! (we also got a great deal on a car which we needed to fit the new baby, after a major hail storm - a little hail damage but we'll take the $4000 off) It's been a ride but we're glad to say that we made it and we're happy to be here in Colorado. Come Visit!
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
The long and the short of it
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Congratulations! We miss you guys so much! Not to mention Harley asks when Kate is going to move back to Provo. We aren't as fun as you guys are I guess.
WOW! Glad to hear that everything went quiet smoothly considering the circumstances! Congrats and have fun in Colorado! :-)
I have really been praying for your family I knew this summer was going to be a whirlwind for you. I am so grateful everything worked out. We couldn't have made our move to DC without the members of the church either and that includes your family, so thank you. Good luck in Colorado. Every time we have made a trip back to Utah to visit family we have a long layover in Denver, we'll have to visit one of these times.
OH. MY. GOSH! STACY!!! This is all just too much for me today!! I cannot believe everything I just read, HOLY COW!!
So first, I'm soo excited for you and cute cute baby Henry!! He is PERFECT!! Second, congrats on the new house and job...I needed this story bad as a reminder that everything really IS in the Lord's hands and will all work out the way it's supposed to!
I hope that you can all adjust well and make new friends quickly. I have no doubt. LOVE YOU!
You truly have a blessed family. Congrats on the arrival of little Henry, getting your new home, and Chris getting a fantastic job. Of course we miss you but know you'll be a great asset to the ward out there.
Your month was made up of the Lord's "tender mercies", really too many to count. It's so nice to see precious Henry Taylor sleeping in his crib instead of in a dresser drawer or on the floor in a sleeping bad. And, Kate in her girlie room and the boys enjoying their own boy space. And curtains on the windows. You're all enjoying the comforts of a beautiful "Rocky Mountain" home.We look forward to HT's blessing in September. Love, G. Suzie
P.S. Who would have thunk that your food storage was holding up the guest bed.
Post a Comment