Saturday, May 15, 2010

Kite Festival

We'd heard all about the Arvada Kite Festival that they do every year but taking 4 kids by myself (Chris was out of town) didn't sound like much fun to me. So when my neighbor offered to watch Henry and Sam, we jumped at the chance. It was fun to get out with just Kate and James. I gave them each a few dollars to spend so Kate bought a $2 kite and James bought a funnel cake (that's my son). Kate was so anxious to fly the kite but apparently I put it together wrong so the only way she could fly it was by running with it and even then it only got a few feet off the ground. Well, luckily there were a few Kite experts in our midst. One man took pity on us and got out his duct tape to get just the right angle and all sorts of other words I didn't understand. But he got it up and flying and we had a great time watching and flying.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments: