Friday, September 17, 2010

The 4th in ABQ

So many pictures and so much to write about- I think this is why I procrastinate. We had a FUN time in Albuquerque. It's so fun as always to be with family. We kept busy and looking back I can't believe we fit so much in to one week.

One afternoon Chris took the kids and the dog (yes, we drove all the way to ABQ with the dog- he's part of the family now, what can I say) down to the Rio Grande (just a short walk) I brought Henry down after his nap and couldn't believe it when I saw them on the other side! They were having a blast! Chris is always more willing to have a little adventure, so it made me a little nervous to see them start coming back and then realize that they could walk the whole way across. Those kids are so lucky to have Chris because I would never in a million years have taken them across the Rio Grande.
PhotobucketPhotobucket


Photobucket
Anna and Elly on the slip n slide. It had been 2 years since we had seen these girls.
Kate was in Heaven with girl cousins around.


PhotobucketPhotobucket
Just enjoying a warm summer evening on the back porch with Grandma Suzie's awesome palm trees,
watching Uncle Rich shave off the mop.


Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Elly & Henry, Henry stealing Uncle Tyler's sun glasses

The 4th of July baseball game with fireworks seemed like a good idea until the game drug on till 10 o'clock and we couldn't leave when we'd already promised fireworks! Needless to say- everyone was pretty tired!
Photobucket

It's a humbling experience for Chris to visit my family. He's always put at the kids table for dinner and he's the only adult cast in the 4th of July play :) He was a good sport though and made a very convincing King George. Anna and Grandma Suzie spent hours writing the patriotic play. The kids (well, maybe not the boys so much) spent an equal amount of time trying on costumes and practicing lines. And Hatch did great in his role of OX.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I love the 4th, there's something magical about staying up late on a warm summer night doing fireworks in the driveway and listening to the sounds of fireworks echoing all over.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

The last couple of days we spent up in the mountains at the Darnell cabin. We play washers, get dirty, shoot arrows, go to Jemez falls, get dirty, sit around the fire, take rides in the back of the truck, get dirty, roast marshmallows, sing silly songs, ride in the neighbor's Model T and overall just have a lot of fun (and of course get dirty)
I'm so grateful for family and I'm so grateful for fun memories. Thank you Mom and Dad for a fun weekend and putting up with our craziness!

2 comments:

AMD said...

I love the photo of Sam falling asleep on Chris' leg and father and daughter enjoying each other's company. Brilliant photography as always Stacy! :-)I thought the Rio Grande was a normal, deep river...guess not!!

Lyd said...

guess i will text you as well. never know which form of communication works best. we are going to san clemente this weekend, sunday the 26th-mon oct 4th. do you want to come along? my brother just cancelled and it doesn't hurt to ask. it's always a party at the beach and it gets dark an hour earlier so kiddos may actually get some sleep!as much as we love Tony and Sienna, we miss you guys! Sam and Blue could get into some major mischief! let me know how spontaneous you can be and if you want to drive to california next week!