We joke that Chris' job is a lot of work and not a lot of pay but he does have a few perks one of them being that summer is pretty slow and he's able to take some time off. So, after a week in Albuquerque we drove home, took a week break and then packed up the car again and headed north to Gram and Papa Kevin's. David and Janelle came up for the week with Hazel and Charlotte and as usual we played a lot of games, ate yummy food and just enjoyed being with family.
One of Gram's friends owns some horses and was so nice to let us come to her house so that each of the kids could ride her pony.
One of Gram's friends owns some horses and was so nice to let us come to her house so that each of the kids could ride her pony.
She first taught the kids how to treat the pony and how to take care of her. It was cute to see how serious and how well they paid attention to what she was saying.
Then they all got to ride her. Kate was beaming, especially when Julie told her what a perfect size she was for the pony and she wished Kate could stay and learn to ride her. And yes Kate wished the same.
And not only did Gram's friend have horses but she had a really fun dress up playhouse. Sam and Hazel were cowboy/cowgirl, Charlotte was an Indian and Henry was the meat.
Janelle brought these curlers and I think Kate wore them everynight- I'm surprised I didn't get an after picture but I thought this before picture was cute of her and Hazel.



Most mornings we would get a walk in. With so many kids and hilly terrain the littler ones got to ride in the garden cart.
Janelle brought these curlers and I think Kate wore them everynight- I'm surprised I didn't get an after picture but I thought this before picture was cute of her and Hazel.



Most mornings we would get a walk in. With so many kids and hilly terrain the littler ones got to ride in the garden cart.
I haven't quite figured out how to get video to work on here but this was too funny. Try to ignore my loud voice in the background and watch Sam at the end.












No comments:
Post a Comment