Tuesday, October 19, 2010

He's One!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

I feel bad that as I'm writing this Henry is almost 15 months. Time flies! But in my attempt to get caught up I couldn't leave out Henry's birthday. His first birthday was quite memorable with a trip to the doctor and the children's hospital. We had a nasty virus going around our family. The doctor originally diagnosed it as constipation for Henry and Asthma for James but after James, Kate and Henry had the same symptoms we were pretty sure it wasn't constipation or asthma. It came with a high fever, and really bad chest pains. So as we sat him down for birthday cake that day he started out happy and loved his birthday cake and the freedom to just dig in but after about 15 min. he was in tears and obviously not feeling well. Thankfully after a day or two he was back to his normal happy self! Oh how we love this little guy! (Henry also got a Failure to Thrive diagnosis at his One year appointment because he was off the charts in weight. We just laugh because he is one of the happiest, lively kids we've seen)

1 comment:

AMD said...

Failure to Thrive? Is that supposed to mean he doesn't move enough and due to that he is overweight? Wow. I had no idea there were such labels for baby/toddler check-ups (can you tell I'm childless?!). Glad to hear that lil' boy of yours is thriving! But then again, what else would he be doing in your lovely, happy family?! :-)