Thursday, February 17, 2011
Christmas Eve Surprise
Chris and I had been talking about getting chickens for a while so a week before Chirstmas we decided baby chicks would be our gift to the kids. I had a friend watch the kids so I could go pick up the chicks out in the "country" Not knowing a whole lot about raising chickens we researched as much as possible and then decided to just learn as we go. We had 3 days before Christmas so we decided to hide them in our room (the farthest corner of the house) and lock the door and hope that the kids wouldn't hear their little chirps. Well, it worked for one night but because of their constant chirps and you have to keep a light on them for heat neither Chris nor I slept very well. So we moved them down to the laundry room and locked the door. Well, it worked for one more night but on Christmas Eve Kate unlocked the laundry room door to get her snow coat and found the surprise. She was so excited but tried to keep it quiet so the boys wouldn't find out. Well, not too much longer one of the boys opened the door and discovered them as well. They were all so excited and their Christmas gift was that they got to actually hold them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I LOVE IT!! I read an article on raising chickens a couple years back and it's been on my mind ever since. I'm excited to see how the chicken thing pans out for you guys :) have they gotten pretty big? you two always think of the best ideas!
love you and miss you
You guys are my hero!!! I love it- how awesome for you kids to be raised with that experience. We need to put more effort into making sure that we don't raise such "city kids". Miss you guys!
Post a Comment