Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Happy Birthday to me

I got everything I asked for this year...
Photobucket
A pile of sand and a pile of dirt :) and after a lot of hard work, and sore backs I finally have a sand box (which I'm loving because the kids love it)
Photobucket
and garden boxes. I tried to find before pictures because it's harder to appreciate when we can't remember what it looked like before. But, I didn't take many pictures of the garden last year probably because I was embarrassed by how many weeds there were. The first picture is the garden area before the spring weeds started to grow and the other picture is Sam watering our weeds and the few pumpkins in between in the fall.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
and after... and in a couple of months hopefully we'll have better after pictures with no weeds!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
It hard to tell exactly what we did but it was a lot of work! We cleared the area of all the dead stuff and covered it with weed barrier. Chris made the garden boxes and we took loads of dirt from the driveway back to the boxes. We had some free mulch delivered (a lot of it!) and then Chris built a fence to keep the chickens and the dog out. So hopefully in the end it will be worth it and we'll have a bounteous harvest in a couple of months!

No comments: