Yes, we combined all 3 in one weekend! So, long story short. We had our 10th anniversary back in April (and celebrated with Chipotle take out after the kids went to bed). We had been planning for about a year to take a fun trip, maybe abroad, maybe back to Savannah, GA. But as life happens we got busy, spent our money on car repairs and couldn't bring ourselves to ask the Grandmas for a week of their time with our crazies. Afraid that our anniversary trip would never happen I conspired with my mom and she drove up for the weekend of Chris' birthday in June. Chris had no clue other than the kids told him that someone special was coming for the weekend. He got home from work Thursday afternoon, Mom was there with the kids, our bags were packed and I whisked him away! We spent a long weekend in Keystone, CO. It was just an hour away but it felt like we were far, far away :) We stayed in a Condo at the Resort, took a Gondola ride up to the 5 star restaurant up on the snowy mountain. Didn't eat there but had fun looking around :) and came back down for dinner at the pub.
The poor gondola operator was so bored, he made this little snowman inbetween the time we went up and got back.
The next day we took a 26 mile bike ride (it sounds hard but 13 miles was all down hill!) We rode through Frisco where the Colorado Barbeque Festival was going on, ate some meat and got back on our bikes. We rode past Dillon Lake and back into Keystone. The scenery was so pretty, the ride was a lot of fun and somehow really relaxing.
This turkey leg was so greasy and disgusting! I think we each had 2 bites and threw the rest away. But the roasted corn was yummy!
This picture really doesn't do it justice but it's the only one we took of both of us on the bike ride.
When we got back we took dinner of crackers, cheese, grapes and sparkling cider to the hot tub. The next day we explored some more and drove to Breckenridge, had some ice cream cones and walked around main street. It was a perfect weekend and although we didn't get our extravagant get away like we were hoping, we loved every minute and were so thankful to mom for watching the kids for us.

We drove home Sunday morning in time to go to Church and hear the Kids sing for Father's day. And that afternoon we had Strawberry Rhubarb pie and celebrated Chris' birthday!

Mom brought the paper and finger paints for the kids to make this Birthday sign for Chris.

We drove home Sunday morning in time to go to Church and hear the Kids sing for Father's day. And that afternoon we had Strawberry Rhubarb pie and celebrated Chris' birthday!

Mom brought the paper and finger paints for the kids to make this Birthday sign for Chris.







2 comments:
What a fun weekend! I feel like I am in need of one of those soon too. I had to do a major double take when I saw your kids. Holy cow they are all getting so TALL! You're destined to be the shortest one in the family Stacy!
Happy 10 year!!! Have I told you enough how you guys are one of my favorite families ever!? I look at your pictures and I get excited to have 4 kids!
Post a Comment