Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Garden

Photobucket
I kept telling myself I needed to take pictures of the garden. I took "before" pictures, now it was time for after. It was looking so good and really filling in to the boxes. But of course I kept putting it off and then...
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
The storm hit. This was the biggest hail storm I've ever seen. It was crazy and super exciting for all of us to watch. The power went out, tree limbs were coming down, I was getting nervous for the windows when the wind started throwing the hail against the windows. And Henry kept covering his ears saying "scawy, mama, scawy"
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
I didn't even really think about the garden until we went to the back yard to see how high the creek was. And then we saw the damage. I really felt like all our hard work was gone and the plants would be dead.
Photobucket
A few minutes later there was a beautiful double rainbow painted all across the sky! And within a few days the plants perked up and we ended up with a bounteous garden this year! (I don't think I really learned my lesson because these are really the only pictures I took of the garden :)

No comments: