Long story- short. Chris and Kate really want a dog. I say fine- how about after the baby gets a little bigger. Lots of Craigslist searches. Lots of emails to breeders. The bottom line- the dog they really want is just too expensive. Go to Albuquerque for spring break. Chris says hey lets look down here. He finds an Airdale breeder 4 hrs away. She's willing to work with us and has a perfect family dog. Oh fine. Wake up at 5 am, drive to Hatch, NM with Kate. Pick up an 8 month Airdale. We name him Hatch (which by the way is the green chile capital of the world) And on the way home Kate says while hugging Hatch "my heart is pumping with joy!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
goodness me. Kate looks sooo happy to have a dog. I remember the feeling of holding my first dog, nothing beats it... Good luck with him!
Such a cute dog! I hope you guys are well.
That picture of Kate is absolutely hilarious! Did the dog really travel with you in the car back to Denver?..so funny! Miss you guys!
I just caught up on your blog and I miss you so much! I think we need to make a trip to denver. your kids are as cute as ever, and you are a brave woman to get a dog :) LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
What a brave girl you are! I hope you have better luck that I did with having a dog around! Hope all is well!
Ok, Stacy, that almost makes me want to get a dog. Let me know how it goes!
Post a Comment