Friday, January 14, 2011

The Hunt

I'd say this year was pretty successful. We started up the mountain right as a snow storm started which made me a little nervous but we made it into the forest right as the clouds parted and we had a nice layer of fresh snow to hike through. This year we came a little bit more prepared with all our snow clothes. We hiked a few hundred feet to where the kids (and Hatch) found a rocky ridge to sled down and right at the top of the ridge grew a cute little charlie brown tree. We chopped it down, Kate and James hauled it back to the car and we made it back right in time for Kate's soccer game.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comment:

Dave and Loralee said...

I just love you guys. so, really-when are you coming to utah again? I won't be sick this time!